Besa Community, Inc., an Ohio nonprofit corporation (“Company” or “We”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, our backend SaaS, any mobile application we may create, or submit information to us in response to any of the services we offer (collectively, our “Services”) or contact us for any reason through the Services. This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through our Services; or
- In email, notifications, text and other electronic messages between you and our Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through you sharing your content or receiving the content of others through the Services, or any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Services; or
- How others use information you submit through the Services if you have given them permission to view such information.
2. People Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for people under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, if you provide it, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, and IP address (“personal information”); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, your location while using the Services, your actions on the Services, and other usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties if we choose to engage with them on the Services. Our Services use Google Analytics and may use other similar service providers to help us learn about website visits and the pages being viewed.
4. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide to us through the Services. This includes information provided at the time of requesting information and information you provide when using our Services or filling out any online forms. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Information that you provide when you create an account including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, profile nickname, and profile photo.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Photos and other media you choose to upload to the Services.
- Details of transactions and communications you carry out through our Services.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We do not currently honor “Do Not Track” signals.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
7. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services, its contents, and our applicable services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- In non-identifiable ways, such as determining demographic trends across the Service and other analytical purposes.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, including sharing with third-party vendors that assist us in providing the Services you receive from us.
- With other users of the Service to fulfill the purpose of the Services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any purpose with your consent.
- If you join a Community through the Services, with the administrator and other users of that Community.
- If you are part of an Organization using the Services, certain information may be shared with the Organization.
- If you sign-up for an in-person event through the Services, your name and profile photo, if uploaded, will be shared with the sponsor of the event and the event coordinator(s).
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory request, or applicable public records request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
9. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
10. Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to or correct any personal information that you have provided to us. You may request to have us delete your personal data; however, we do not guarantee that we can comply with all requests and we may retain certain data that is necessary for the products or services or that is required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements, including compliance with all applicable public records requests laws. We may keep raw data from your use of the Services and information you submit to the Services, but will work to remove all personally identifiable information from such content.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletter or from receiving update emails at any time via the link provided on the newsletter or email. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
13. Contact Information
PO Box 714
Columbus, OH 43216
or via our phone number: (614) 363-2315
Last updated: 3/3/2021