Position Title: Volunteer Experience Coordinator | Business Partnerships
Work Location: Hybrid
Employment/FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Reports To: Volunteer Experience Manager | Business Partnerships
Salary Range: $42,500 — $45,000/yr.
About the Organization
In 2012, Besa launched a mission to reinvent the volunteer experience. We make giving back easy and transformative to power a wave of civic engagement that lifts us all. By fostering relationships with business partners, community volunteers, donors, and more than 150 nonprofits, Besa has rallied 70,000 volunteers to give 165,000 hours and complete 11,300 volunteer experiences — resulting in more than $80M in community impact.
About the Role
The Volunteer Experience Coordinator is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of business partnerships who are driven to make corporate social responsibility a priority within their organization. In this role you will aid our business partners in growing their civic engagement impact goals and elevating their volunteer experience program. By fostering authentic relationships and driving associate volunteer engagement across the companies we serve, you will connect thousands of business associates to nonprofits doing game-changing work.
- Provide exceptional customer service, ensuring effective and timely communications to business partner leadership and associates.
- Curate new and impactful volunteer experiences, engaging teams and ERG’s in areas important to them.
- Nurture relationships with business employee resource groups.
- Schedule and post volunteer experiences on the Besa platform allowing for ease in locating and signing up for opportunities.
- Lead volunteer experiences when necessary.
- Procure and transport supplies for experiences when needed.
- Support business partner strategies to increase associate engagement.
- Provide recommendations for advancing Besa’s volunteer program based on partnership feedback.
- Implement creative solutions that grow our impact.
- Support powerful storytelling by uploading and sharing volunteer experience photos and stories into the Besa database.
- Review data and program outcomes, ensuring accurate and current volunteer experiences are entered into the Besa database.
- Facilitate effective communication between internal departments to ensure alignment with volunteer management and organizational goals.
- Support business-critical operations including Besa supply drives, annual fundraisers, WISH, and other duties as assigned by Besa leadership.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years professional experience developing projects and events, from inception to execution, with a keen eye to detailed organization.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Effective and engaging communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in virtual, in-person, and hybrid environments.
- Adept at building new community connections and nurturing relationships, whether with a group of volunteers, business executives, or nonprofit leaders.
- Confident leading meetings with business executives and nonprofit leaders.
- Exhibits professionalism, optimism, inclusivity, and enthusiasm; enjoys working with diverse constituents; and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Creative problem solver, adaptable, committed to high-touch customer service, and responsive to partner needs.
- Proficient using technology, including Monday.com, HubSpot, Google Suite, Basecamp, Airtable, Adobe Cloud, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and be willing to follow CDC protocols including mask-wearing.
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends.
- Committed to the mission of Besa and a desire to change the world with us.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and communicate with co-workers in an office and virtual environment. The employee is frequently required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
What We Offer
- Energetic and collaborative team driven by a mission to do good.
- Award-winning, entrepreneurial nonprofit.
- Headquartered in German Village in a collaborative workspace.
- Competitive health and dental benefits package, including retirement package and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of hire. (Supervisor approval required)
- Professional development opportunities.
- Volunteering, team retreats, and a great company culture.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.